The HIV/AID pandemic continues to hit the Black community hardest. It's a problem, and perhaps, there is no other celebrity who knows this better than superstar Alicia Keys, who continuously promotes HIV/AIDS awareness.
http://www.essence.com/2013/09/10/alicia-keys-women-can-drive-conversation-hivaids-their-communities
http://www.essence.com/2013/09/10/alicia-keys-women-can-drive-conversation-hivaids-their-communities
Every problem comes with a blessing, a friend once told me. I was then young and naive and could not figure out what my friend was trying to put across. As an adult, I do not find the message incomprehensible any more.
ReplyDeleteOn returning from university, I was shocked to find almost every inch of my neighbourhood littered with graves. Many of my old friends had died of AIDS. Coupled with the sad experience of burying my relatives and friends on the same community each day, I realised my human fragility and limitations. This marked the beginning of my long, indomitable struggle against the scourge. For this very cause, I opted for a more prestigious and life saving profession . Three months later I went for training in HIV/AIDS prevention and management at The AIDS Support Organisation. I did not have all the money to invest in this campaign, but I had the knowledge and skill that pushed me a head.
Together, I am committed to save lives. I am honest to myself and the community and face the good and less good issues together. I naturally and openly discuss AIDS as a normal disease, as well as my vulnerabilities, without taboo or prejudice. Sharing knowledge and saving lives is part of my daily life. I know my own status and act from strength . There is no need to disclose my status because I share the same knowledge and responsibility.I welcome all kinds of help to have my book published. You can reach me at;+256779064447 or by email;pwanaye@gmail.com